Financial Business Analyst - PESS Initiative
2 year Fixed Term Opportunity - Based in Auckland
Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Mālō nī, Talofa lava, Tēnā koutou katoa and warm pacific greetings!
Right now, at The Ministry for Pacific Peoples, there’s a new vision and momentum to deliver for our Pacific communities. The agency has established a range of positions supporting an initiative assisting Pacific people to achieve sustainable employment and undertake further training to increase their skills and qualifications in the regions.
We have an exciting fixed term opportunity for a Financial Business Analyst to join the team. The position of Financial Business Analyst exists to develop and monitor quality metrics for the PESS Initiative and provide business analysis, insights and reporting, based in Auckland.
This role will be accountable for:
- Developing and delivering financial modelling that underpins and enables sound business decisions
- Collating and analysing financial data, to inform and advise on trends, issues, opportunities
- Ensuring an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of regulatory and reporting requirements
- Quality forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis
- Tracking and analysing population trends for target participant group, to inform and advise sound business decisions
- Regularly scanning relevant programmes offered by other agencies, and sharing key insights for consideration to improve the PESS Initiative offering
- Leading financial planning and business intelligence systems
- Providing insights to support decision making and align capital and resource allocation
- Working with Finance to reconcile database records against invoices on a quarterly basis
- Ensuring monthly tracking and reporting of financial performance
- Alerting the appropriate people to any areas of financial risk or concern
To be successful in this position you will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (e.g. Business, Finance and Management)
- Experienced in financial and business analysis
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in the use of software, especially FMIS, Excel and web-based databases
- Strong competence in working with Pacific communities with fluency in a Pacific language an advantage
Whether you’ve held a similar role before, or you’re someone looking for the next challenge in your career and are feeling ready to step up, then we want to hear from you!
The Ministry is a growing organisation seeking professionals with a strong sense of community and a passion for relationships. A service ethos is paramount and is an understanding of family and a collaborative caring work environment.
For more information about what it’s like to work at MPP and for a copy of the position description please go to https://www.madison.co.nz/ms/ministry-for-pacific-peoples