General Manager Regional Partnerships
- Executive leader
- National focus
- Auckland location
Are you a strategic leader with a community focused approach?
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples is the Crown’s principal advisor on policies and interventions that impact on better outcomes for Pacific New Zealanders. We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader whose mission is to ensure that the ‘voice’ of our diverse Pacific communities informs our advice to government partners.
As a member of our executive leadership team you will be future focused with an ability to influence and build relationships with ease. Though you are based in Auckland, you will be a confident people leader that can inspire and drive performance of teams that are dispersed nationally. This is a busy role where engaging with community, executives and government is the norm.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong strategic skills with a pragmatic approach.
- Solid connections and relationships with Pacific leaders and communities.
- Understand the machinery of government and be confident in navigating the political environment.
- Strong influencing skills with an ability to build and leverage relationships.
- Be a seasoned people leader with an ability to inspire others in a shared vision and purpose.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Pacific peoples, their cultural values, beliefs and norms.
Being a part of our team means having a real opportunity to make a difference to the lives of Pacific Peoples in New Zealand. You will work with other committed and innovative people in an environment where flexibility, enterprise and collaboration define the way we do things.
For further information about the position, please contact Damien Werahiko, Human Resources Advisor: Damien.Werahiko@mpp.govt.nz.
Applications close Friday 30 June 2017 – 9pm.