Manager, PESS Initiative - Waikato/Bay of Plenty X2
2 Year Fixed Term Opportunity
Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Mālō nī, Talofa lava, Tēnā koutou katoa and warm pacific greetings!
Right now, at The Ministry for Pacific Peoples, there’s a new vision and momentum to deliver for our Pacific communities. The agency has established a range of positions supporting an initiative assisting Pacific people to achieve sustainable employment and undertake further training to increase their skills and qualifications in the regions.
We have several exciting fixed term opportunities as the Manager, PESS Initiative across various locations.
The main purpose of this role is to lead, manage and successfully deliver the PESS Initiative through partnering with regional providers and community leaders, promoting and fostering a community experience that matters.
This role will be accountable for:
- Managing and monitoring of the service provider contract, including management of any conflicts of interest; financial and operational risks as necessary
- Actively building and managing the relationship with providers, community groups and stakeholders, ensuring ongoing engagement and effective issues management
- Meeting with providers to ensure ongoing effective communication and to provide support and coaching in relation to programme deliverables
- Managing local and regional PESS Initiative events (e.g. hub meeting days)
To be successful in this position you will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in Education or Commerce
- Strong relationships across the Pacific community
- A history of collaboration with the Pacific community, fluency in a Pacific language an advantage
- Experience in financial reporting, contract management and a strong understanding of the employment and education frameworks in New Zealand
- A successful reputation for delivering programmes of work within government
- Proven experience supporting senior management and organisations that have a strong values based focus on culture and growth
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including accountability
- Experience in successfully developing, coaching and leading people
- Full driver’s license
- Strong inter-personal skills, ability to build and maintain relationship with a range of stakeholders, including understanding different stakeholder’s motivations, and the ability to influence and persuade
Whether you’ve held a similar role before, or you’re someone looking for the next challenge in your career and are feeling ready to step up, then we want to hear from you!
The Ministry is a growing organisation seeking professionals with a strong sense of community and a passion for relationships. A service ethos is paramount and is an understanding of family and a collaborative caring work environment.
For more information about what it’s like to work at MPP and for a copy of the position description please go to https://www.madison.co.nz/ms/ministry-for-pacific-peoples