Senior Policy Advisor
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples is the Crown’s principal advisor on policies and interventions that impact on better outcomes for Pacific Peoples in New Zealand. We have an exciting and challenging role for you to join our geographically spread team with a commitment on our key priorities:
- Thriving Pacific Languages, Cultures and Identities
- Prosperous Pacific People
- Resilient Healthy Pacific Peoples
- Confident Thriving and Resilient Pacific Young People
The position of Senior Policy Advisor will be accountable to the National Policy Manager and you will be responsible for providing robust policy analysis, leading of key projects and prepare briefings and reports. You will also work alongside and influence, mentor and shape our junior advisors to help them get to the next level for their own career development.
As a seasoned policy professional, you will demonstrate to us:
- Strong analytical skills for analysing information provided by our regions (Northern, Central and Southern teams)
- The ability to effectively communicate complex issues and concepts
- An ability to adapt to change and confidently using various IT tools and software
- Strong understanding of policy formulation and frameworks
- Respect and understanding of Pacific values and working in a culturally diverse workplace
- Excellent relationship building skills for working collaboratively across a wide range of groups and at all levels in an organisation
To help you succeed, you will be given the opportunity to:
- Lead the provision of high-quality advice on Policy strategies that relate to Pacific People in New Zealand
- Build your professional skills, knowledge and expertise across a wide range of policy areas
- Be part of a small, fun and energetic team, focused on delivering outstanding service, and
- Work collaboratively with our team and with partner agencies
If you believe in our purpose and commitment and want to be a part of our close-knit team, come join an organisation where you will be recognised and feel valued for your hard work and success here at Ministry for Pacific Peoples.
For a copy of the position description please go to https://www.madison.co.nz/ms/ministry-for-pacific-peoples
To apply for this role click here.
Applications close Thursday 22nd August 2019.