Community Languages Fund
Our Pacific languages matter. They tell the story of who we are.
Previously known as the Languages Innovation Fund, the Community Languages Fund aims to support community groups and Pacific families to implement grassroots language learning initiatives.
Encouraging Community Aspirations.
Applicants can apply for up to $2,500 in funding.
The Community Languages Fund prioritises initiatives that:
- are targeted towards Pacific community groups and Pacific families
- share and pass on Pacific language knowledge
- enables accessibility to language learning
- increases the awareness and value of Pacific languages in Aotearoa
- helps increase and grow the number of speakers of Pacific languages.
We especially encourage and invite applications from the regions and from groups where their languages are considered endangered.
Initiatives must be implemented in a way that is safe, and in line with current COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.For the latest updates on COVID-19, please visit the Unite against COVID-19 website.
To apply for the Community Languages Fund, please click here