Toloa Tertiary Scholarships
Applications for the 2021 Toloa Tertiary Scholarships are now closed.
Established in 2015, the Toloa Tertiary Scholarships are funded by the Ministry for Pacific Peoples to support Pacific students to pursue studies in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) subjects.
What is the goal?
The purpose of the scholarships is to encourage Pacific students to complete studies in STEM subjects at tertiary level and increase the number of Pacific people employed in STEM careers.
What does the scholarship cover?
Capped at $10,000 per year, the scholarship covers tuition and compulsory fees which are course fees, Student Services Fee and Building Levy.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a Toloa Tertiary Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be of Pacific Island descent;
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand;
- Have enrolled in full time tertiary study at University, Institutes of Technology or Polytechnics, majoring in a STEM subject at an approved NZQA accredited tertiary provider in New Zealand for the 2020 academic year;
- Be in their second, third and/or fourth year of study (applications are also open to STEM postgraduates in their first and/or sequential years)
What supporting documents do I need for my application?
- Copy of recent academic transcript
- Supporting letters from two independent referees
What are the key dates?
Applications opened on Monday 14 September and have now closed (Monday 9 November at 5.00pm).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Click here for FAQs relating to the Toloa Tertiary Scholarship.
If you have any further queries, please send an email to [email protected]