Tupu Aotearoa supports Pacific people to gain tools and skills that enable them to thrive.
What Tupu Aotearoa is about
Our communities flourish when Pacific people have access to work or learning opportunities. We want to ensure Pacific people to have the right tools, education, training and employment opportunities to succeed
Previously known as the Pacific Employment Support Service (PESS), Tupu Aotearoa connects Pacific people with local providers who will support you to access work or learning opportunities on your journey to employment, further training or study.
Hear more about Tupu Aotearoa and how it can support you in this 3 minute video:
Who it's for
Pacific people in Aotearoa who are:
- Aged 15 or over.
- New Zealand citizens based in the regions listed below.
- Currently not in employment, education or training.
- May not have achieved NCEA level 2, may be known to Youth Justice, referred by Police or Oranga Tamariki.
What Tupu Aotearoa offers
Our local Tupu Aotearoa providers can help you with:
- Identifying appropriate upskilling and training courses.
- Career advice and guidance.
- Job search.
- Support writing your CV and cover letter.
- Preparing for interviews.
- Obtaining a driver's licence.
- Pastoral care and support post-placement.
How it works
Please contact one of our local providers who will be able to confirm your eligibility and support you on your journey.
Tupu Aotearoa in Regional New Zealand is currently funded by the Ministry for Pacific Peoples and the Provincial Growth Fund Initiative.
Regional New Zealand
Metropolitan New Zealand
Bay of Plenty