Samoa Language Week
The theme for Samoa Language week is 'Tapena sou ōso mo lau malaga' which in English means 'Prepare yourself a gift for your travels'.
This year's theme urges us to prepare for the journey ahead. It highlights the need to honour, respect and share the gifts of our life's journey.
As Pacific Peoples when we prepare for travel, we take our traditions with us, allowing us to share our ōso (gifts/food) with everyone we meet along the way. And with these gifts we build, nurture and strengthen our language, culture and identity.
Celebrate Samoa Language week on Sunday, 24 May 2020 - Saturday, 30 May 2020.
2020 Samoa Language Week Poster
Help promote Samoa Language Week in your church, workplace, school or your community.
- 2020 Samoa Language Week Poster
- 2020 Samoa Language Week Social media banner - Samoan
- 2020 Samoa Language Week Social media banner - English
- 2020 Samoa Language Week National Events Calendar
- Gagana Samoa i Aotearoa Facebook Page
- A message from Tupe Lualua for Samoa Language week
- A message from Martin Mariota for Samoa Language week