Helping Pacific people find employment, complete further training or study
Our communities flourish when people have work or access to learning opportunities. Tupu Aotearoa supports Pacific people to lead fulfilling and prosperous lives.
We want to ensure Pacific people have the right tools, education, training and employment opportunities to really succeed and thrive!
Previously known as the Pacific Employment Support Service (PESS), Tupu Aotearoa is about connecting Pacific people with local providers who will support with things such as:
- Upskilling and training
- Getting a driver's license
- Support writing a CV and cover letter
- Interview preparation
- Career advice
- Finding a job!
Those eligible to take part in Tupu Aotearoa include:
- Pacific people 15 years and older and based in the regions listed below.
- Pacific People who are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- Pacific people currently not employed, in education or training.
- You could also be someone who may not have achieved NCEA level 2, may be known to Youth Justice, referred by Police or Oranga Tamariki.
Please contact one of our current providers who will be able to confirm your eligibility and support you on your journey!
Regional New Zealand
Metropolitan New Zealand
Bay of Plenty
Tupu Aotearoa In Regional New Zealand is currently funded by the Ministry for Pacific Peoples and the Provincial Growth Fund initiative.