Advisor - Digital Channels and Marketing Wellington, Permanent
- Digital Channels career development – learn, grow and be part of a dynamic team
- Making a difference by connecting people and communities through digital channels
- Getting across the mechanics of government policy and programmes
Are you innovative, creative and love working across digital channels? An exciting opportunity to bring social media content to life that reaches our Pacific communities and all of Aotearoa to celebrate the work we do. Working as part of a busy, supportive and high-performing communications team, you will support our wider Ministry to deliver key messaging for our Pacific communities. A wonderful opportunity for an ambitious developing Communications Advisor to get across broad digital channels in a fast-paced environment that brings positive and meaningful outcomes.
Exciting time to join us
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples make a significant contribution to improve outcomes for Pacific Peoples. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into the fabric of New Zealand government. We are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture, and identity, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific communities and peoples. We have a key role in developing cross government collaboration and coordination of government’s Pacific investments.
What you will do in this role each day
- Writing great content that can support a digital communications plan.
- Digitally share content that talks about our policy development and how we execute great programmes of work.
- Prepare and implement communication plans for specific projects or initiatives.
- Support the Managers and wider team with any Minister briefings, and papers that require attention.
- Partner with our Web and Design teams to provide appropriate content and guidelines for any social media campaigns.
What you will bring to the role to be successful
- Social media skills – you will have experience working on social media platforms writing social media / SEO appropriate content ideally to a social, or population-based audience.
- Really well organised – this is a busy role so great time management skills and ability to understand and deliver on priorities is key.
- Creative in your thinking – you’ll be comfortable designing and thinking about purposeful social media content for campaigns.
- Great communicator and confident working across other agencies, NGO’s, and community groups to gather stories and insights for our digital platforms.
- Attention to detail – as our chief QA person we will rely on you to ensure all work is checked and ready for publication.
- Willing to draft and edit communication materials such as brochures, articles, press releases, speeches, letters, and other documents as required.
Working for us
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific People.
If you would like more information please email [email protected] quoting the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required. Applications close on Tuesday 29 September at 11.59pm.
Click here for the position description.