Advisor - Ministerial Services - Wellington, Permanent
We hire great people who share the voice of our Pacific Communities
We provide career development and opportunities that enable better outcomes for our Pacific Peoples
Keen to move into New Zealand Government and get exposure to a political environment, and how to operate in a political context – this is for you!
Working in a supportive team, where learning and growth is important to us, our Advisors within Ministerial Services coordinate and provide advice on ministerial servicing and processes (e.g. Official Information Act requests and Parliamentary questions) ensuring that quality, timeliness, and procedural standards are met. We value family and our communities, so this high-profile team provides meaningful work to our Minister on what matters most to our Pacific Communities.
Key responsibilities within this role:
- Assisting with the management of Select Committee processes for the Ministry and the Minister.
- Collating and logging all Ministerial service requests – taking the time to ensure quality of responses is to a high standard.
- Working with our leaders across the Ministry to ensure appropriate response information is captured and shared in a timely manner.
- Supporting Senior Advisors and the Director on reporting requirements.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- An inclusive team player who is looking to learn and develop skills in Ministerial Services – getting across the machinery of government.
- Great attention to detail and someone who is proud of producing high quality work.
- Well demonstrated communication skills – ideally writing responses within a Ministerial Services role.
- Really well organised and comfortable working to tight timelines – setting and understanding priorities.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, with the ability to confidently communicate with a variety of audiences. If you have experience working in a Ministerial Services role that is a benefit, but we are happy to teach and support you into this career path if it’s of interest.
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation for our Pacific People and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we work - benefiting individual employees and our Pacific People across New Zealand.
If you would like more information, or wish to apply please email [email protected] completing our online application form and attaching an up to date resume. Applications close on Sunday 9 August at 11.59pm.
A copy of the job description can be found here.