Director - Ministerial Services - Wellington, Permanent
Leading high-quality, high-performing Ministerial Services
Working across government, and building strong working relationship with the Minister's office
Demonstrable understanding of the political environment, including the ability to operate effectively in a political context
The Director - Ministerial Services manages the delivery of ministerial services for the Ministry, and the relationship between the Office of the Minister and the Ministry and provides leadership to the Ministerial Services Team.
Key responsibilities within this role are:
- Providing sound advice including risk assessments to the DCE, Office of Chief Executive and Tautua, executive leadership team regarding all ministerial servicing requirements.
- Ensuring effective reporting on all aspects of Ministerial Services as agreed with the DCE, Office of Chief Executive
- Managing the Ministry’s process requirements relating to all ministerial services and support to the Minister’s and Associate Minister’s Office, including establishing timeframes, and other expectations.
- Leading the delivery of appropriate responses to correspondence and questions, including Ministerial correspondence and reports, OIA requests, etc, after discussion with the Legal Counsel
- Leading the delivery of Select Committee responses for the Minister and the Ministry, ensuring relevant information and expectations are communicated effectively
- Reviewing reports, briefings, and other Ministerial documents for final sign off before submission, liaising with the DCE, Office of the Chief Executive as necessary to resolve any complex issues
- Ensuring the development and maintenance of appropriate, accurate, up-to-date, registers for Cabinet papers, other Ministerial services requests, OIA requests, etc including secure processes for dissemination and tracking.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Extensive experience across all Ministerial Services within New Zealand government.
- Empowering leader and manager of people promoting accountability and ownership around providing high-quality work.
- Exceptional skills in influencing and partnerships across government.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, with the ability to confidently communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to engage with different audiences on complex policy issues.
At Ministry for Pacific People, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation for our Pacific People and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and our Pacific People across New Zealand
If you would like more information, or wish to apply please email [email protected] completing our online application form and attaching an up to date resume. Applications close on Thursday 13 August at 11.59pm.
A copy of the job description can be found here.