Manager Procurement and Provider Strategy Wellington, Permanent
- Contract management and procurement specialist with social services lens
- Management of high-value, high-touch provider services across Pacific communities
- Supporting our Pacific communities to thrive and prosper
Ensuring our Pacific providers are sourced and secured appropriately is pivotal in the work you will do across our Ministry – forming partnership, relationships and a common goal to ensure better long-term outcomes for our Pacific communities will be key. You will be a commercially minded person that brings solid procurement experience along with a knowledge and approach that shapes the drafting and negotiation of our service provider contracts.
Working for us and Pacific Aotearoa Lalanga Fou
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples make a significant contribution to improve outcomes for Pacific People. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into the fabric of New Zealand government. We are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture, and identity, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific communities and peoples. We have a key role in developing cross government collaboration and coordination of government’s Pacific investments.
What you will do in this role is:
- develop, lead, monitor and report to Chief Financial Officer on progress against key strategic and operational initiatives across Pacific Aotearoa programs.
- maintain work programs covering all contracts being managed by the Ministry.
- lead all commercial activity, working closely with our Regional Partnership teams to ensure alignment between local services, Pacific communities and Pacific Aotearoa Lalanga Fou goals (see MPP website).
- ensure effective hand over of contractual and procedural arrangements to our Regional Partnership teams who will manage the ongoing management of contracts.
- be confident with justifying investment opportunities for the betterment of our Pacific Communities.
- provide leadership and guidance to the Regional teams to ensure initiatives from the provider agreements are met.
What you will bring to the role is:
- a solid working experience in procurement where you have managed end-to-end procurement – ideally across service providers.
- knowledge of contract law and government procurement requirements
- a great team player approach – with an understanding of how procurement plays a key role in outcome-based programs for the Ministry which has an input on further investment
- well demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationship internally across our Regional teams, but also externally with local providers that may be small, nimble and require additional procurement support during our procurement processes
- great eye for detail and an intuition to recognise when a service provider can provide quality services as well as aligns to our Pacific Aotearoa Lalanga Fou approach
- great written skills and ability to articulate clear and concise messages.
Working for us
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific People.
If you would like more information please email [email protected] quoting the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required. Applications close on Sunday 27 September at 11.59pm.
Click here for the position description.