Manager - Strategic Communications and External Relations - Flexible location, Permanent
Accountability for promoting strategic vision across all our external communication channels
Enriching Aotearoa with thriving Pacific communities
Leading a high performing team and developing communication strategies to promote policies and programmes to our Pacific People’s Communities
The Manager, Strategic Communications and External Relations position develops and leads the implementation of strategic communications activity to ensure messages are meaningful to the Ministry’s community groups and key stakeholders and to manage external relationships with media, stakeholders, and partners.
The Ministry for Pacific People make a significant contribution to improve outcomes for Pacific People. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into fabric of New Zealand government. We are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture, and identity, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific communities and peoples.
To be successful in this role you will bring experience in:
- Strong people leadership experienced with ensuring your team collaborates with Ministry teams to ensure all communication and strategic objectives are delivered against agreed priorities.
- Preparing and implementing communication plans for specific projects or initiatives as requested, and ensuring communications activities are implemented on schedule, within budget.
- Providing communications advice to Ministry managers and staff, ensuring consistency with strategic communications goals and guidelines. This includes preparing speeches, PR, briefings and presentations for the Chief Executive and other Ministry staff.
- Ensuring that all external communication meets Ministry standards and guidelines and supports the strategic goals of the Ministry.
- Leading by example by supporting your team in writing and preparing communications material, online and hard copy, for external and internal use.
- Leading your team to support collaboratively with the Ministerial Team and other Ministry Teams to ensure effective responses to Parliamentary Questions, Official Information Act and Privacy Act requests and to ensure high quality report publications.
- Partner and collaborate with the Manager, Digital Channels and Marketing to ensure effective support for internal communications.
Working for us
At Ministry for Pacific People, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you be rewarded by contributing to positive and better outcomes for our Pacific People’s.
At Ministry for Pacific People, we recognise that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility is important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation for our Pacific People and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we work - benefitting individual employees and our Pacific People across New Zealand.
If you would like more information please email [email protected] quoting the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required. Applications close on Thursday 13 August at 11.59pm.
A copy of the position description can be found here.