Tupu Aotearoa Manager – Provider, Wellington, Fixed Term 2 years
- Ignite and maintain positive and sustainable employment and training for our Pacific people
- Lead promotion of sustainable employment and training opportunity across your region
- Enable Prosperous Pacific people that thrive and build resilient communities
Our role at the Ministry for Pacific Peoples is to assist Pacific people to achieve sustainable employment and undertake further training to increase their skills and qualifications. You will lead, manage and successfully deliver the Tupu Aotearoa programme by partnering with Tupu Aotearoa providers across Wellington and Marlborough regions which includes Pacific community leaders and regional organisations. You will promote and foster a community experience that delivers positive and meaningful results.
Exciting time to join us
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples make a significant contribution to improve outcomes for Pacific People. We bring the Pacific voice, perspective and understanding into the fabric of New Zealand government. We are the guardians and the caretakers of Pacific knowledge, culture, and identity, and we support and take stewardship over our Pacific communities and peoples. We have a key role in developing cross government collaboration and coordination of government’s Pacific investments.
What you will do in this role is:
- manage and monitor the service provider contract, including management of any conflicts of interest, financial and operational risks as necessary
- positively build and manage a collective relationship with providers, community groups and stakeholders, ensuring ongoing engagement and effective management
- meet and collaborate with providers to ensure ongoing effective communication and to provide support and coaching in relation to programme deliverables
- connect and manage local and regional Tupu Aotearoa events (e.g. hub meeting days)
What you will bring to the role is:
- working experience within an Education sector or community-based services environment
- strong relationships across the Pacific community, demonstrating working connections
- experience in financial reporting, contract management and a strong understanding of the employment and education frameworks in New Zealand
- demonstration of working and delivering programmes of work
- alignment to our Pacific Aotearoa Lalanga Fou which brings strong values-based focus on culture and growth
- well demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationship with a range of stakeholders, including understanding different stakeholder’s motivations, and the ability to influence and persuade
- excellent written communication and verbal skills, with the ability to confidently communicate with a variety of audiences.
Working for us
At the Ministry for Pacific Peoples, we offer attractive employment benefits including market salary, flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies. Whilst the work is challenging, you be rewarded by contributing to positive outcomes with a focus on better outcomes for our Pacific Peoples.
If you would like more information please email [email protected] quoting the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed throughout advertising and we may reach out to you if further information is required. Applications close on Sunday 20 September at 11.59pm.
Click here for the position description.